Wealth of Shades: Colored Ombre Ideas
The toning under the name “colored Ombre” gives the hairstyle expressiveness and does not leave its owner unnoticed. Lately, the color of the ombre is very popular with ladies of different ages, because it has a number of undeniable advantages.
Why did the Ombre become popular?
- More gentle effect on curls (chemical agents are not applied to the entire cap, but usually only on the tips);
- Frequent tinting and renewal of the base color is not required. Finally, the ombre is intended as an imitation of growing roots;
- The volume obtained by highlighting a few strands and shading others. Instead of a one-dimensional and smooth hairstyle, the colored ombre on the hair looks like a lush mane that overflows;
- Correct and move the edge of color, you can focus on cheekbones, lips, eyes or distract attention from the wrong shape of the face, its shortcomings;
- Acceptable costs for coloring in the salon. It is always necessary to trust the professional not to be disappointed in the art of making mistakes in coloring at home.
- In addition, colored ombre on long hair is a great way to demonstrate taste and personality.
Shadow on the brink of a foul: How to choose colors?
The question of how to make a color bomb is not really the most important thing. First and foremost is the choice of color. In the opinion of most color ombre on long hair – a choice on the verge of fashion. There is no right to make a mistake. Anyone who dares to use a colorful ombre at home should familiarize themselves with the most common and up-to-date color combinations.
Options for blond hair
- If we look at a colored ombre on blond hair, then it is worthwhile to pay attention to the “tongues of the flame”. The roots are dark brown, and then there is a sharp transition to the red tips. As an option – the ends of the color of copper or molten gold.
- Fantasy tones on dark wood are suitable for romantics, creative and casual. Think color ombre on blond hair, stop on shades of lavender, lilac, iris. All of them can produce an amazing effect, especially when combined with expressive facial features.
Options for brunettes
Think of a colored ombre on dark hair and pay attention to the following combinations:
- Two very saturated colors. It can be, for example, chocolate and violets. The main condition is a clear transition line;
- Tricolor: On the basis of blue-black strands you can transform the flow of purple into red and red – into yellow. It is bold, but the result is worth it;
- Multi-layered and colored ombre to dark hair is a win-win combination. Initially, the hair is trimmed in a “cascade” (then the base is the color of bordeaux or bright red, and the tips are distinguished by the purple);
- Delicate chocolate violet – with the transition to purple at the ends. The head must be very dark, better black;
- An interesting option for dark chestnut strands is the partial tint in turquoise. Traditionally chocolate and turquoise are considered good tandems, it is quite possible to try this color on long hair.
On short hair
There is an opinion that a colored ombre for short hair rarely succeeds (there is not enough space to make a qualitative transition from color to color). Gives two-color staining with a clear edge (to alert you to the cheekbone line).
- Perfect color combination for short hair – contrasting colors in the most daring colors (green, ultramarine, purple), executed on a classic square.
- Another option for ultrashort hair – the purchase of a special brush for ombre with five steps of the length of the villi. This creates the most creative and smooth transitions that traditional tools and films can not do on short strands.
Budget Option: Color Ombre own hands
Together with supporters of reasonable savings and those who like to dye themselves, we will try to find out if it is possible to do a stained ombre at home at a decent level.
- Gloves and apron;
- Capacity for clarifiers (not of metal – better plastic or glass);
- Common plastic comb, brush or sponge;
- Scrunchy for hair, clips, hair clips;
- Color foil (can be replaced by food foil).
Tips for beginners
- Before beginning the transformation, it is not inappropriate to remove the hair tips you are visiting. Bright colors draw more attention to the condition of the hairstyle, and even if the staining is done gradually without error, the overall effect can be reduced to zero.
- Do not use ombre on freshly washed hair. Fat on the skin and hair roots can protect them more effectively from the aggressive effects of color than cosmetic products.
- A clarifier is useful if we want to have a lasting effect on dark hair. With the original color of blond or light-haired, this item can be omitted.
Slide: use or not
Everything depends on the desired effect.
- If you want to make the transition smooth and natural, the color (clarifier) is applied with a brush step by step on each strand. In the face, the edge of the color edge should move slightly higher in relation to the occipital part.
- If you need a clear edge color, you can not do without the erasers from Foil and Hair Salon. Compresses for each strand are applied for a period of half an hour. Then you can wash the clarifier and apply the primary colors – on dry or wet strands (more precisely, the manufacturer’s instructions).
Short lived, but bright
- In addition to stubborn colors, there are tonic, which are applied to pre-cleaned hair and are considered a gentler analogue to traditional cream paints.
- Toning means easy to use, you can paint the lightened strands with your hands in gloves or a brush, adjusting the height of the transition and the gradient of the colors.
- An excellent, albeit temporary option is special dry crayons for dyeing. Shades, sprays, powders and mascara are also produced. All these are quick and harmless ways to give yourself a color. Because if something goes wrong, the result is easily washed off with water – there is no trace left.
It is very difficult to achieve a good effect by trying to perform the coloring of the ombre itself without outside help. The fact is that the scheme of staining the parietal and occipital part of the head is rather complicated, and to perform color transitions competently, a mirror is not enough. If you are looking for a reliable assistant, the result can reach the salon.